- Ever have a Saturday free and you want to do something different but just don’t know what to do or where to go?
- Have you spent hours on the internet trying to discover something off the beaten path going from web site to web site and finding nothing but a headache?
- Are you on a budget or do you have a family and are looking for fun and discovery without the price tag?
- Have you lived in Indiana but haven’t seen more than half a dozen counties or so except from a car window going 65 miles an hour?
- Do you enjoy a hole-in-the-wall bookstore on a small town main street or eating at a local diner or getting a glimpse into what life was like in a simpler time?
I have, and that is why I decided to begin this blog of some of my experiences and adventures around the state of Indiana and nearby states and I hope that you will join in.
My objective is NOT to record a vacation diary but to help provide first hand information of places and things in Indiana we discover that may be of interest to others on an afternoon when we might have a full tank of gas and want to do something different and see someplace we have never seen before.
If this is helpful to you I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment of your experiences and discoveries as well. It might just be of assistance to that next person as they plan their own adventure.
Also, if you are from a location written about and know all the good stuff missed in the post, you are invited to let us all know by commenting as well. Think of what a treasure trove of information it would be if everyone would write about their own backyard and those hidden gems to discover?
It would be awesome to be able to tap into all of that local knowledge when maybe we find ourselves with an afternoon free and we are thinking, “I’ve never been to Attica before. I wonder what’s there?”